home Ireland, Latest News If driving abroad apply for Letter of Entitlement

If driving abroad apply for Letter of Entitlement

People planning on driving abroad can apply for a Letter of Entitlement from the Nation Driver Licence Service (NDLS), Minister of State Hildegrade Naughton TD announces. 

(Minister of State Hildegrade Naughton TD)

If your driving licence has been extended due to Covid-19 and you’re travelling abroad with the intention of driving, you can obtain a Driver Statement/Letter of Entitlement from the NDLS. 

Some drivers will have had their licences extended in response to the disruption caused by Covid-19 to driver licensing services across the EU.  

A Driver Statement from the NDLS is available for free to those who may be driving outside the EU or where car hire companies state this as a requirement. 

%d bloggers like this: